Introduction to Computer Science
Objects, Events, and Graphics
Configuring Browsers to Run Applets
Below are the basic steps to install Java and configure common
browsers to run the Java programs from our website.
- Download and install the Java Developer Kit (JDK).
- Click the "JDK Download" Button on that page.
- Then, under the "Java SE Development Kit" section, click
the "Accept License Agreement" radio button and then download the
file for your computer. For Macs, it is the "Mac OSX x64" version.
For Windows, you will most likely need the "Windows x86" version.
- Launch the downloaded installer to install java.
- Configure the Browser
- Restart the computer after these steps.